Starting a faceup on Freya a Hujoo cat this weekend. I have decided to make her into an Egyptian Goddess Cat woman. With this in mind I assembled my new faceup kit and got started. I removed Freya’s head and held her stringing together with an old color pencil. Painting her paws and nails will be one of the last things that I do. Applying two coats of Mr Super Clear then allowing time to dry I surfed the internet for some ideas on how to create her face and character.
The first layer started with a pink around the nose eyes and inside the ears. This layer was very light hardly showing any signs of color at all. Sealing this layer I added another layer of the pink and kept on going, also adding some brown pastel above her eyes and some black pencil to start defining her eyes mouth and nose. Another layer of sealant and time to dry. This is certainly not a fast project.
This layer I added a pale pink acrylic paint for Freya’s nose and made my first attempt at painting her eyes with a black. I will say that eyelashes will be something I need to practice. With black, brown and white pencils I started adding her tabby stripes and eyebrows. I am liking how she looks. A few more tabby stripes and eyelashes and she will be finished.
More on Freya’s transformation!
I learned that eyelashes can be put on wrong or backwards the hard way and had to remove my first attempt. They looked cool in my opinion but did not want to stay attached when I put the eyes in, so I took them off and put them on correctly.
I am very happy with my first faceup and looking forward to trying another style doll soon. These are the finished pictures of her faceup. I am now trying to come up with costume ideas for her skinny body.